Saturday, July 21, 2007

WOW WHO KNEW

So have you ever had that feeling that you have come to realize what you are? Well today I have figured out how much of a nerd I really am. I mean I knew I was a nerd but alot of that I was feeding off of other people.

Well today something happened, actually I think it started at about 10:00 pm last night. I went to a Harry Potter Party at Barnes and Nobles to get the book at midnight. It's not just the mere fact that I went to the party or that I was going with one of my friends who could recite the books to you on the spot. It was that I was extremely excited to go to this party!!! As soon as we walked into the door I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning, well that's not a good example because I still feel that way about Christmas. Ok more like when you are little and you get something for the first time and you are so excited about it your little body just cant contain itself. You want to scream and jump for joy. Well when you are a kid you can get away with it, but I did it anyways.

I didn't dress up, although I really wanted to I just didn't have a costume. When we walked in the door I felt right at home with all the other nuts. They gave us Harry Potter glow in the dark glasses and I flirted with a worker there just so that once the hype has died down he will give me his hat. Which he said yes too yay!!! I was walking around and admiring people who dressed up and I even went to the people who had brought a real rat in the store which they had named Scabbers.

Well ten seconds to midnight they did a countdown and as soon as we hit one me and me alone yelled out happy new year, I got quite a few interesting looks, it also would have been nice to be by that cute worker to kiss him after I had said that. Any who I got my book and on our way out the door having my book in hand I yelled out oh no Harry's dead and ran off to the car as quick as I could.

When I got home it was all I could do to stay awake to read the book and right now I am trying to get this done so I can read some more.

Well tonight I went for a drive with a friend and as I am driving and talking extremely fast with no filtration system on whatsoever it struck me right then and there, in the middle of my fries, how much of a nerd I really am and how proud I am to be that way. I feel like singing I am proud to be a nerd all around but to the music of I am proud to be an American.

I am a Nerd not because I want to fit in, definitely the wrong way to go there if I wanted to fit in, not because I want to stand out, not because I had married a nerd and was trained that way, not because my friends are nerds, not to pretend in any way shape or form, but because that is what I want and that is who I am. It has taken me a while to really arrive at this conclusion, that this is who I am this is who I want to be and if anyone wants different I am sorry I am not changing for you, so come off it!!! NERD

1 comment:

Jawdy said...

Some of my favorite people in the world are nerds!! I love that you wear it on your sleeve! NERDS FOREVER!