I always forget that people outside of Utah don't get to share in the same fun that we Utahn's do, which is celebrating the 24th of July.

It is mostly celebrated the exact same way that the 4th is celebrated only we admire the fact that pioneers crossed the plains to make it to this specific place and decided to stop and say, "This is the Place." Anyways I always seem to send out text to my friends saying stuff like Merry Christmas, for those of you who are of other faiths, Happy Hanukkah. Well today being the 24th I sent out a text to most of my friends and family, and it read Happy 24th. I got many replies as why I decided to send some random text message... I sat there and wondered why most of my family and a few of my friends were replying in this manner. Wonderful question, well it hit when I tried to call a government run office and realized with the message on their machine that it was a STATEWIDE holiday.
Some of my friends and family are Mormon, and some not so with this in mind I decided to just be cool and say hey I was just making sure you were having a happy 24th because I sure the hell am!!! I left it at that.
Meanwhile, I had done some shopping, got my son out of the bath, into his jammies, and ready for the fireworks. Leaving my cell phone inside and not even thinking about it, I mean after all we were going outside to do pop its and watch cheesy fireworks with our awesome neighbors, (and by the way that awesome is spoken in a Jersey accent). After all the fireworks were done and the excitement had died down it was bed time. Everyone can sleep except for me I finished Harry Potter and was wondering what I should do when it hit me. I don't have my cell, its usually always on me.
I had 15 texts when I finally found where I had placed my phone. Most of them saying how weird i was or still questioning my wishes earlier on today. However I had three people text me saying how much of a shit I was because I always do stupid things and seem to think they are stupid in the process. I just had to look at these and laugh in reply to most of those text did you not read my last blog I had just come out with how much of a nerd I really am and if you don't like it tough. LOL...
Oh and the parade wasn't too bad even though we had already seen the floats in the judgment show yesterday yay!!!
So to all of you out there Happy 24th!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment