So every year Primary Children's hospital does a movie night for the kids and families who are in remission and or recovering. Now I guess in past years that is all they would allow in plus their families but as we have done this for multiple years they have started allowing kids who are still fighting and staying at the hospital to come down and visit with us and watch the movie.
This by far was one of the most worth while things I have ever done. We had an amazing turn out of people come dressed up and everyone was so polite and happy. We asked the kids some Star Wars trivia and if they answered right they got a prize. After the q&a we went into the hallway and visited with the kids and families and took pictures with them. Again I don't think I have done charity work that meant so much, it was truly and amazing experience.

All the girls

Darth Vader Introducing us

The group

Q&A with Darth Vader

and with Jengo Fett

Group shot

This kid was amazing he did not feel well at all but
put on a great face and was having a good time with us

Most of the kids who were there

This beautiful little 2 year girl old was so cute being pushed in her little car
cute

She was happy because her mask matched
At the end of the q&a Darth Vader got up and told the kids and their families, the show they were going to watch portrayed people as heroes but none of these characters came close to the heroism portrayed in this very room, by you children and your families. Then Darth Vader pointed to the audience and said you very people in this room are my heroes. I have never seen little kids faces light up quiet like that before. It was neat.
1 comment:
Britt that is so cool and such a great thing you did! I think you look so cute in your little doo-rags (as Ty calls them;) Love you!
Post a Comment