Monday, June 1, 2009

Geek

So now everyone else can clearly see I am not the only geek heading this family. Ed and I are a part of a really neat organization called the 501st. For those of you who do not know who we are, I will enlighten you right now. The 501st is a Star Wars fan club, I know what your thinking but if you will listen I will tell you how neat it really is. The members of the 501st make costumes of the bad guys in the movie, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper (this one I am building), Darth Maul, Tie Fighter, ect. anyways we dress up in our costumes and are invited out to events. Most of these events are for kids, like kids safe fairs, or Easter Festivals, or Walks for certain diseases. Most of these events we get to collect money for a charity. We are a nonprofit organiztion and we collect alot of money and kids who come to the events also can get there pictures taken with the characters it is really neat. Anyways here are some of my favorite from saturday.




Its not all play

As Ed would say TK on Holiday
(TK is a stormtooper for all you non nerds)

I just thought this was funny
So for any of you out there either want to join or want a picture come to an event and we are the Alpine Garrison, of the 501st, however there are Garrisons all over the place.

No comments: